ELOPEMENTS THAT WILL MAKE YOU WANT TO ELOPE
ELOPEMENTS BEST OF 2019 - After photographing elopements across the globe for fifteen years, I’ve accumulated a treasure trove of ideas for planning the perfect destination intimate wedding. I know what works and what to avoid, and it was time to share my experiences. So, I began the year by launching my second book, “The Elopement Experience,” a guide to planning intimate, magical weddings.
I’ve loved specializing in elopements and I’m so happy that they have become a trend. The growing popularity of elopements is no surprise in our fast-paced culture, because they offer intimacy as well as adventure, travel, exotic culture, tranquility and unparalleled beauty.
Couples today are looking for alternatives to the traditional high-stress wedding. What could be more romantic than telling your beloved, “I do,” in a private setting against a breathtaking backdrop?
Ten of the Most Romantic Elopements (Best of 2019)
Last spring, I headed to some of my favorite European destinations to photograph and help design some extraordinary elopements. Let me know you some elopements that will make you want to elope (best of 2019).
1. Positano Elopement - Linda & Bill eloped from San Francisco
2. Rome Elopement- Amber & Joe (eloped from Indiana)
3. Lake Como - Kerrie & Bryan (eloped from Ohio)
4. Rome Elopement: Abigail and & Conner (eloped from Michigan)
5. Lake Como Elopement Sarah & Craig Eloped from Rhode Island
6. Elopement Best of 2019: Ischia Elopement - Natalie & Langston from Chicago
When the high season approached, and tourists started flooding in, I fled Italy and headed back to California.
During the summer, I created and launched my first online course, “Designing your Dream Elopement,” for couples who want a DIY their elopement wedding. Meanwhile,
I was busy photographing in Southern California and Kauai, two of my favorite summer places because it’s never too hot or too crowded.
In the Fall, I headed back to Italy for more spectacular elopements.
7. Elopements Best of 2019 : Villa Cimbrone, Ravello - Agrimely & Alex from New York
8. Positano Elopement- Lee & Alex from Canada (Elopements best of 2019)
9. Island of Capri Elopement - Monica and Sam eloped from Texas
10. Lake Como Elopement - Ligia & Sam (eloped from New York)
Before the cold kicked in, I flew back to San Diego where I photographed details of an intimate wedding at the legendary Houdini Estate in Los Angeles.
11. Los Angeles, Houdini Estate - Best of 2019
Then I was back to the paradise of Kauai, for another elopement:
12. Kauai Elopement Rebecca and Jim (eloped from South Carolina)
I’m excited about 2020. I have a whole bunch of exciting projects I'm working on for 2020.
In the fall, I’ll be launching my first elopement photography workshop on a beautiful lakeside in Umbria, Italy (info coming soon). But before that, I’ll be off to elopements in Mexico, Hawaii, Lake Como, the Amalfi Coast and Rome.
I wish all of you the very best in the coming year.
I’d love to hear from you, so please drop me a line.